My name is Robin Gregory.
I am an author and screenwriter whose day job is being a mom, wife, sister, and daughter. Also, I like to talk to animals, and sometimes they talk back, but mostly they just eat and poop.
I write young adult and adult fantasy stories about unlikely heroes who overcome daunting obstacles. You will find magical realism, mysticism, drama, humor, and the pangs of love in my books, but you will not find blood-spurting limbs or dragons hurling f-bombs. As a rule.
Currently, I live on the West Coast of the US with my husband, Jon Hagemeyer, retired mapmaker and jazz lunatic, and our strapping wonderboy, Julien.
Some of my closest friends are books and films,
but when I can’t read or write or watch, you’ll
find me digging in the garden amid bees and hummingbirds,
or browsing in bookstores,
or walking in the fog,
or drinking black tea—cream, no sugar,
or cooking for family and friends,
or watching the sunset from our backyard,
or just being quiet.
My favorite quote: “At the back of our brains, so to speak, there was a forgotten blaze or burst of astonishment at our own existence. The object of the artistic and spiritual life was to dig for this submerged sunrise of wonder.” –G.K. Chesterton
Thank you for visiting my website! I hope you are happy and fulfilling your dreams!
LIFE IN MY NOT-SO-NUTTY-NUTSHELL
Okay. So you want to know MORE?! Here are some fine points:
- Born 1953, Pensacola, Florida
- Father was a Navy pilot, but we didn’t move around a lot
- Have six surviving siblings (five sisters, one brother)
- Graduated from Carmel High School in Carmel, CA in 1971
- Graduated from UC Santa Cruz, degree in Literature and Creative Writing, 1996
- Speak some French
- Always wanted to be an artist–till I discovered Franz Kafka
- Articles and stories have appeared in Modern Literature.org, Film International, and Ginosko Literary Journal
- Attended Stanford Writers Online Workshop
- Have worked as a mapmaker, lay minister, and infant massage instructor
- Married Jon Hagemeyer in 1984, Bern, Switzerland
- Son Julien was born in 1992 in Carmel, California
Moojie Littleman’in Akilalmaz Mucizeleri, (Turkish version) Ilksatir Yayinevi Tic. Ltd. Sti., 2020
The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman, a novel, (Simplified Chinese version), Beijing Genuine & Profound Culture Media Co. Ltd, 2018
The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman, (English version), Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, Inc., 2015
Professional memberships: SFWA, AG, ALLi