My name is Robin Gregory.
I am an author and screenwriter whose day job is being a mom, wife, sister, and daughter. Also, I like to talk to animals, and sometimes they talk back, but mostly they just eat and poop.
I write young adult and PG-13 stories about unlikely heroes who overcome daunting obstacles. What do I mean by young adult or PG-13? You will find magical realism, drama, humor, and the pangs of first love, but you will not find blood-spurting limbs or dragons hurling f-bombs. As a rule.
Currently, I live on the California Coast, USA, with my husband, Jon Hagemeyer, a mapmaker by day, and jazz pianist by night, and with our strapping wonderboy, Julien.
Some of my closest friends are books and films,
but when I can’t read or write or watch them, you’ll
find me digging in the garden among bees and hummingbirds,
or browsing in bookstores,
or walking in the fog,
or drinking black tea—no cream or sugar,
or cooking for Jon and Julien and friends,
or watching the sunset from the backyard,
or just being quiet.
Thank you for visiting my website! I hope you are happy and fulfilling your dreams!
LIFE IN MY NOT-SO-NUTTY-NUTSHELL
Okay. So you want to know MORE?! Here are some fine points:
- Born 1953, Pensacola, Florida
- Father was a Navy pilot, but we didn’t move around a lot
- Have six surviving siblings (five sisters, one brother)
- Graduated from Carmel High School in Carmel, CA in 1971
- Graduated from UC Santa Cruz, degree in Literature and Creative Writing, 1996
- Speak some French
- Always wanted to be an artist–till I discovered Franz Kafka
- Worked as a newspaper intern and freelance journalist
- Attended 3 levels of novel writing with Stanford Writers Online Workshop
- Have worked as a mapmaker, lay minister, and infant massage instructor
- Married Jon Hagemeyer in 1984 in Bern, Switzerland
- Son Julien was born in 1992 in Carmel, California
“Of Unremembered Pleasure,” An Interview with Dr. Abhimanyu Pandey, in Modern Literature, to be published *October 2019
“My Date With Marc Chagall,” Creative non-fiction, in Ginosko Literary Journal #23, 2019
The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman, a novel, (Simplified Chinese version), Beijing Genuine & Profound Culture Media Co. Ltd, 2018
The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman, (English version), Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, Inc., 2015
Foreign rights inquiries: email@example.com
Professional memberships: NWA, VFA, AG
Radio Interview ~ Authors First Radio
Tony Kay and Robin Gregory chat about writing, mysticism, and more ….